Rensselaer’s Office for Corporate Relations seeks to partner with alumni/ae leaders and Corporate Ambassadors to:
- Create an Active Alumni/ae Community at your Company
- Host at least two Rensselaer events each year at your company, such as:
- Alumni welcome reception for interns, new hires
- Faculty presentation on new area of research
- Alumni panel discussion
- Industry or cross industry networking
- Alumni chapter event
- Support a Specific Company Priority
- Support the Specific Interests/Needs at Your Workplace, such as:
- Talent acquisition (perhaps specific to a field or discipline)
- Advancing diversity and inclusion
- Building communication skills and increasing productivity across departments
- Improve Ease of Access to Rensselaer Resources
- Launch a quarterly newsletter for Rensselaer alumni/ae and Corporate Ambassadors at your company. Rensselaer has created a new quarterly newsletter, ReCAP (Rensselaer Corporate Ambassador Program) which is tailored to the unique interests of alumni/ae, and Rensselaer friends and family at key partner companies. It can also provide a mechanism to recognize alumni/ae milestones (promotions, new research/products, etc.), highlight initiatives you’re running, events you’re planning, resources you recommend etc.
- Invite alumni/ae to sign-up for RAA Connect, a new alumni/ae networking platform similar to LinkedIn.
- Keep the Value of Your Degree Strong
- Grow Rensselaer’s strategic corporate partnerships (i.e. internships, co-op, full-time opportunities, research, curriculum development, student experience, professional education opportunities).
- Encourage participation in your company’s matching gift program and Rensselaer’s RPi Day