The Rensselaer Corporate Affinity Program is a new initiative designed to foster comradery among Rensselaer alumni and alumnae, deepen their level of engagement with their alma mater, and increase giving to Rensselaer. Each Corporate Affinity group is led by a Corporate Ambassador who has demonstrated a deep personal commitment to supporting Rensselaer through investments of time and resources and who will work to strengthen engagement between alumni and alumnae and the campus community.
The Office of Corporate Relations will work with Corporate Ambassadors, as well as the Rensselaer Alumni Association and regional Advancement Officers, to create unique engagement and giving opportunities for alumni and alumnae at targeted companies with whom Rensselaer enjoys a depth and breadth of mutually beneficial partnerships.
Network with Fellow Alumni and Alumnae Leaders
- Connect with Rensselaer alumni and alumnae leaders at your workplace and in other companies.
- Help shape future events in your region.
Leverage Campus Resources
- Engage with Rensselaer faculty and students on areas of interest to your company.
- Hear from successful Rensselaer speakers on the latest Rensselaer news and research.
Increase Engagement with Rensselaer
Attend at least two alumni/ae events each year at your workplace, such as:
- Alumni welcome reception for interns, new hires
- Faculty presentations on new areas of research
- Alumni panel discussion
- Industry or cross-industry networking
Increase Alumni/ae Giving
Participate in crowdfunding efforts to support a unique area identified by alumni/ae at your company, such as:
- Student diversity initiatives
|Boeing||Kareem Muhammad ’01, Senior Manager, Seat Integration Team
Naveed Hussain ’89, Boeing Research & Technology Vice President and General Manager
|Cisco||Judy Priest ’85, Distinguished Engineer
Danielle Desalu ’99, ’01, Global Security Practice Manager
|Corning||Thomas Capek ’86, Senior Vice President and Chief Engineer
Matthew Trosa ’12, Engineering Project Manager, Gorilla Glass
|General Electric|| Anne McEntee ’93, ’94, ’98, Vice President, Services
Victor Abate ’86, ’88, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
Jessica Budris ’01, ’04, Human Resources Manager
|Sikorsky Aircraft||Ryan Patry ’00, ’08, Manufacturing Technology Lead|